(In accordance with The Protection of Personal Information Act. No. 4 of 2013)
Table of Contents
- What personal information do we collect about you?
- Collection of User-Generated Content
- What are the sources of Personal Information collected by Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers?
- Why does Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers collect your personal information?
- How do we share your Personal Information with third parties?
- Direct Marketing Communications?
- Retention of Data
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Special Personal Information
- Information Storage and Security
- External Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact us
What personal information do we collect about you?
Personal information (also commonly known as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Personal Data), is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate.
The personal information that we collect directly from those registering for our services will include, but not be limited to the following:
- name and contact information;
- billing information, which may include credit card details and bank account details;
- order information, e.g., purchase information and -history and delivery instructions/details;
- information that you may post on public forums and interactive features on social media; and
- other information that may be exchanged while engaging in our services.
Collection of User-Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our services, including your comments and any other information that you would like to be available on our services, which may become public (“User Generated Content”). If you post User Generated Content, all of the information that you post will be available to authorized personnel of Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store any User Generated Content on our servers to make use of them in connection with our services. If you submit a review, recommendation, endorsement or other User Generated Content through our services, or through other websites, including Facebook, Instagram, Google and other similar channels, we may share that review, recommendation, endorsement or content publicly on our media platforms.
What are the sources of Personal Information collected by Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers?
Why does Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers collect your personal information?
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to distribute communication relevant to your use of our services and/or products;
- as may be necessary to support the operation of our services to you, such as for billing, account maintenance, delivery and record-keeping purposes;
- to send to you Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers solicitations, product announcements and the like that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note that you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials;
- to conduct questionnaires to determine client satisfaction; and
- in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained.
How do we share your Personal Information with third parties?
Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers will not share your personal information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent, except as part of a specific program or feature which you will specifically be able to opt out of.
In addition, we may release personal information:
- to the extent we have a belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable law;
- when disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of our services, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws;
- to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law; or
- in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Direct Marketing Communications?
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by using the UNSUBSCRIBE link in any email communication you may have received. You may express your communication preferences by:
- noting your preferences at the time you register your account for communication;
- logging into your account settings and updating your preferences; or
- contacting us by using the number under the “CONTACT” icon on our website.
Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing communications as may be required to maintain your relationship with Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers.
In addition to the communication described here, you may receive third-party marketing communications from providers we have engaged to market or promote our products and services. These third-party providers may be using communications lists they have acquired on their own, and you may have opted-in to those lists through other channels. If you no longer wish to receive emails, facsimiles, SMS’s or other communications from such third parties, you may need to contact that third party directly.
Retention of Data
Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Your Data Protection Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- the right to access, update or delete the personal information we have of you;
- the right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information;
- the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the personal information we have of you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format; and
- the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
In order to make a request regarding your personal information, please contact email@example.com
Special Personal Information
Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers does not knowingly collect or process Special Personal Information such as your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origins, trade union memberships, political persuasion, health or sexual orientation or your criminal behaviour or biometric information.
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry-standard and/or generally accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and confidentiality of all information submitted through our services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of our services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password-protected or secure areas of our services. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
Our services may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we exercise no control over linked sites and Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. Each linked site maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures and you are encouraged to view the Privacy Policies of these other sites before providing any Personal Information.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies, and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers from any and all claims arising out of, or related to, the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures and/or the content of such third-party sites.
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 18, and Midlands Veterinary Wholesalers does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 18.